What Is The Allen Wrench Size For The Bridge Lock?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 pm

I've started set up work on my Tribute ASAT Special Semi-Hollow. The neck relief is fine, but due to me increasing the string gauge (I put 11s on), there is a little bit of fret buzz, which means I have to increase bridge saddle height. That means I have to unlock the bridge (which also needs to be done, so I can set the intonation). The only problem? - my allen wrench/key set is too physically large to fit into the bridge lock screw socket (the volume control is in the way). So, I need to get an individual allen wrench (which is small enough dimensionally to engage the brdge lock screw, without hitting the volume control), to crack loose the bridge lock screw. Does anybody know what the size I need is, so I can avoid using the trial and error method?

Thanks, :)
Ellen

Re: What Is The Allen Wrench Size For The Bridge Lock?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:24 pm

ellengtrgrl wrote:I've started set up work on my Tribute ASAT Special Semi-Hollow. The neck relief is fine, but due to me increasing the string gauge (I put 11s on), there is a little bit of fret buzz, which means I have to increase bridge saddle height. That means I have to unlock the bridge (which also needs to be done, so I can set the intonation). The only problem? - my allen wrench/key set is too physically large to fit into the bridge lock screw socket (the volume control is in the way). So, I need to get an individual allen wrench (which is small enough dimensionally to engage the brdge lock screw, without hitting the volume control), to crack loose the bridge lock screw. Does anybody know what the size I need is, so I can avoid using the trial and error method?

Thanks, :)
Ellen

See: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L? (It's located in the G&L Tech Tips sub-forum of the Knowledgebase).

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: What Is The Allen Wrench Size For The Bridge Lock?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks for the info. :)