Problem with volume pot tribute asat

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:59 am

hI.

I have a problem with the volume pot on my asat tribute blues boy guitar.

T he back of the pot is very loose and almost falling off and I have not been able to find this type of mighty mite sealed pot here in the UK.

I took the guitar to my local guitar shop today and they said they have never seen a pot like this type before and they were not shure whether it had to be replaced with exactly the same type of pot with a half plastic body or whether a normal Fender type pot would be ok.

The pot still works ok at the moment and I am wondering if I could glue the loose metal rear bit back onto the plastic bit.

Can anyone advise please.

Re: Problem with volume pot tribute asat

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:06 am

middle class dave wrote:hI.

I have a problem with the volume pot on my asat tribute blues boy guitar.

T he back of the pot is very loose and almost falling off and I have not been able to find this type of mighty mite sealed pot here in the UK.

I took the guitar to my local guitar shop today and they said they have never seen a pot like this type before and they were not shure whether it had to be replaced with exactly the same type of pot with a half plastic body or whether a normal Fender type pot would be ok.

The pot still works ok at the moment and I am wondering if I could glue the loose metal rear bit back onto the plastic bit.

Can anyone advise please.

See the G&L Support page for Warranty and non-warranty support. If you want to replace the pot yourself,
you can purchase one from the G&L On-Line Store or check with the United Kingdom G&L Distributor.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated link to G&L On-Line Store

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:38 am

Hi.

Thank you very much for your reply.

The question still remains would it be ok to use a normal cts fender type pot instead which is easily available here. I think the US made asats have normal type pots dont they?

The question the guy at my local guitar shop asked was are the bottom parts of these pots on the tribute asat plastic in order to isolate the pot from the metal plate that they are fixed to.

Thanks again.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:49 am

middle class dave wrote:Hi.

Thank you very much for your reply.

The question still remains would it be ok to use a normal cts fender type pot instead which is easily available here. I think the US made asats have normal type pots dont they?

The question the guy at my local guitar shop asked was are the bottom parts of these pots on the tribute asat plastic in order to isolate the pot from the metal plate that they are fixed to.

Thanks again.

Contact Chris Robosan via the Support contact info I provided to get the answers.

:ugeek:

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi Dave.

I replaced both pots in my Tribute ASAT as one was scratchy and the other didn't work.

Standard CTS pots were too big to fit through the holes in the control panel, but I managed to find some Gotoh branded mini pots on EBay. These look just like smaller CTS pots and do the job just fine.
IMO it's worth trying to find some mini pots to avoid having to make alterations to the guitar to accommodate the bigger CTS pots.