wiring question for asat tribute bluesboy

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I recently changed the neck humbucker in my Asat bluesboy tribue guitar.

I have since decided that I prefered the original Paul Gagon humbucker that was alleady in there but am not shure where one of the wires was attached.

It has a red and white wire which are joined together a black wire which was connected to the switch and a blue wire to the back of the volume pot but after removing it I noticed it also had a bare wire which was either connected to the back of the pot with the blue wire or it was not connected to anything.

Thanks for your help.

Re: wiring question for asat tribute bluesboy

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm

middle class dave wrote:Hi.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I recently changed the neck humbucker in my Asat bluesboy tribue guitar.

I have since decided that I prefered the original Paul Gagon humbucker that was alleady in there but am not shure where one of the wires was attached.

It has a red and white wire which are joined together a black wire which was connected to the switch and a blue wire to the back of the volume pot but after removing it I noticed it also had a bare wire which was either connected to the back of the pot with the blue wire or it was not connected to anything.

Thanks for your help.

The bare wire (braided shielding cable) and blue wire should be soldered to the volume pot case.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: wiring question for asat tribute bluesboy

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 am

Great thank you very much for that.

I thought that would be the case but I did not notice the small bare wire until after I removed the pickup so wanted to be shure.