1987 ASAT wiring mods

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello all. I was hoping someone could share any useful information on what effect changing values of pots, caps, etc. has on tone. I was hoping to cut some of the low end from the MFD's. It would be great to somehow add some combination of a cap and an additional tone pot to maybe use as an adjustable low end filter. I read an older post describing this and was hoping someone may be able to go a little more in depth on the subject. It seems I have to turn the volume pot way down to keep things managable w/ any kind of OD/distortion. These PUP's really are hot.
Thanks, Chris

Re: 1987 ASAT wiring mods

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:20 pm

sggibson13 wrote:Hello all. I was hoping someone could share any useful information on what effect changing values of pots, caps, etc. has on tone. I was hoping to cut some of the low end from the MFD's. It would be great to somehow add some combination of a cap and an additional tone pot to maybe use as an adjustable low end filter. I read an older post describing this and was hoping someone may be able to go a little more in depth on the subject. It seems I have to turn the volume pot way down to keep things managable w/ any kind of OD/distortion. These PUP's really are hot.
Thanks, Chris

Check this one out which is in our Gallery: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics SC-2/ASAT 4-Way Switching with revised Tone Control.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: