View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 1980's mini toggle switch 

Post 1980's mini toggle switch
The pickup selector switch on my 1980 L-1000 bass has seen better days. Looks like the large pad on the G&G case lid has over time bent the switch shaft somewhat. It's not noisy (yet), but is loose and doesn't feel positive onstage in the heat of battle.

There is an equivalent part on G&L's website, but I wanted NOS so I tracked down an electronics store with New Old Stock in the US. If anyone's interested this part is a (Tyco Connectivity) ALCO Switch Green Series part # MTA206PA SP3T On-On-On Toggle Switch rated at 6A 125V /3A 250V.

I also needed a new red plastic switch cap as the original on my bass is cracked. The red cap was used on the L1000 & L2000 basses and the F100 guitars as far as I know. The L2000 and F100 also used a black plastic switch cap in addition to the red.

A bit more research brought up the part # C102-AG ('2' for red or '0' for black). So far so good, however, nobody seems to carry these in stock, and any supplier I spoke to quoted a minimum order of 4000 units! Definitely don't need that many!

Does anyone know of these for sale anywhere in small quantities like...one or two?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 am

Post Re: 1980's mini toggle switch
SlappaDaBassMon wrote:
Does anyone know of these for sale anywhere in small quantities like...one or two?

I don't, but if you find a vendor I would really like to know about it. DeoxIT worked wonders for my F-100s, but it would be great to have a couple of backups on-hand when contact cleaner isn't enough.

Ken

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 am

slap,
You should look up Gabe at ESI. I'm pretty sure I saw a bag of those at his place. I used to have some but a recent search turned up nothing but the black and white ones. His info is linked on this site.
Fred

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 am
Site Admin

Fred Finisher wrote:
slap,
You should look up Gabe at ESI. I'm pretty sure I saw a bag of those at his place. I used to have some but a recent search turned up nothing but the black and white ones. His info is linked on this site.
Fred

Here's the link: ESI.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]