Staggered tuning posts

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi everyone, Just bought a new G&L Comanche with the G&L (Schaller) Split shaft tuners. I want to switch to the Schaller locking tuners. The only place i can find for a direct replacement is Stewart Macdonald, only thing is, they have staggered Posts. My split shafts are not staggered. My question is does anyone know if the Schaller locking tuners you get with a USA Comanche have staggered posts, because i do not want staggered posts. i've searched the internet and cant find any side veiw photos. i'm lucky enough to have a G&L dealer here in Reno. Thanks for any help!!

Re: Staggered tuning posts

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:29 pm

The Stewmac ones are the ones you want. They are staggered and the long ones go on the strings nearer the nut and the shorter ones go near the top of the headstock, remember, these tuners are designed to be used on necks with out string trees. I have several sets of these on my G&Ls and they are perfect. When you look at your standard G&L Schallers, they are designed to push the string to the bottom of the post. Hope this makes sense-- Darwin
Last edited by darwinohm on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:31 pm

as darwin said, you want staggered posts.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Yes, That all makes sense. but mine came with one string tree (b-e) i havent seen any without at least the one string tree. it's not a look thing for me to use staggered posts. i just wanted to keep them even to match the standard G&L's. So the G&L factory Schaller locking tuners you would get on a custom order are Staggered? Thanks for replying to my post guy's.