Felt Pads under Bridge Bolts!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I read someplace on this board that there should be felt pads under the bridge were the bolts connect to the body. Is this correct? Thanks.

Stop.

Re: Felt Pads under Bridge Bolts!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:17 pm

GGL Stop wrote:Sorry if this is a repeat question but I read someplace on this board that there should be felt pads under the bridge were the bolts connect to the body. Is this correct? Thanks.

Stop.

Yes, there are two pads under each bolt.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link to photo

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks Craig. I am missing them. I'll have to order some from G&L. Thanks again.

Stop

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 pm

I guess, they are there just for optical reason, aren't they?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 am

I own a Legacy Tribute - didn't come with any felt pads. Maybe Tributes don't have them??

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Lefty wrote:I own a Legacy Tribute - didn't come with any felt pads. Maybe Tributes don't have them??

I checked with Dave and all DF trem bridges should have the felt washers.

GGL Stop wrote:Thanks Craig. I am missing them. I'll have to order some from G&L. Thanks again.

Stop

GGL Stop and Lefty: Dave asked me to get your mailing addresses and he will have a set of washers
sent to you. So, send mailing address to my email address (craig@guitarsbyleo.com) and I will forward them to Dave.

Hope this helps.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Craig,

Thanks for following up on this with Dave. I had wondered why my Legacy didn't have the felt washers, but just never brought it up. I sent my mailing address to your email. It will be great to have the washers to install on my trem. :happy0007:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Craig wrote:
Lefty wrote:I own a Legacy Tribute - didn't come with any felt pads. Maybe Tributes don't have them??

I checked with Dave and all DF trem bridges should have the felt washers.

GGL Stop wrote:Thanks Craig. I am missing them. I'll have to order some from G&L. Thanks again.

Stop

GGL Stop and Lefty: Dave asked me to get your mailing addresses and he will have a set of washers
sent to you. So, send mailing address to my email address (craig@guitarsbyleo.com) and I will forward them to Dave.

Hope this helps.

Lefty, I got your email and am just waiting for GGL Stop's email and then will get them to Dave.
GGL Stop, if possible, I'd like to get these ordered for you and Lefty by Monday, so please reply by Sunday evening.

Thanks.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 pm

[/quote]

Yes, there are two pads under each bolt.

[/quote]

:shock: My '93 Legacy always had only ONE felt washer around each post, as far as I recall. There as always been a nasty knocking sound when I press the bar down as far as it will go, and the blades slipping out of the groove on the posts. :think: Recently I noticed the ones on my guitar looking a bit depressed, and would like to order new ones.

Can anyone provide we with the dimensions so I can source them locally here in Japan, or would it be easier to order from G&L? :? I still haven't gotten a reply to my inquiry about replacement tuners and saddles...

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Greenblues wrote:
Can anyone provide we with the dimensions so I can source them locally here in Japan, or would it be easier to order from G&L? :? I still haven't gotten a reply to my inquiry about replacement tuners and saddles...

You should check with the Distributor there in Japan, first.
If they cannot provide a source there, then contact Chris Robosan.
His contact information is on the main G&L website Support page.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm

:oops: Doh! Think globally, act locally. Why didn't I think of that? :confused0007:

Thanks for the contact in the homeland. Hopefully, I won't have to bug them...