Wiring Diagram needed for ASAT Tribute Classic 2004

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:08 am

Hi,

Hoping someone has a clear wiring diagram of the Korean made ASAT Tribute Classic circa 2004 -ish. I've looked on G&L's Gallery, and while there are diagrams there for Tributes, I cant find one specifically for the subject.

I have finally acquired replacement G&L PU's (loooong story, and everyone has heard it too much) for this guitar. The neck PU has black and white wires, the bridge has red and yellow. I think these come from a 2011 ASAT Tribute (?).

I know it is a simple bit of wiring, but I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Don

Re: Wiring Diagram needed for ASAT Tribute Classic 2004

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 am

donnyb wrote:Hi,

Hoping someone has a clear wiring diagram of the Korean made ASAT Tribute Classic circa 2004 -ish. I've looked on G&L's Gallery, and while there are diagrams there for Tributes, I cant find one specifically for the subject.

I have finally acquired replacement G&L PU's (loooong story, and everyone has heard it too much) for this guitar. The neck PU has black and white wires, the bridge has red and yellow. I think these come from a 2011 ASAT Tribute (?).

I know it is a simple bit of wiring, but I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Don

Use the USA ASAT Classic diagram. The pickups are identical.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Craig, are you referring to the picture diagram "ASAT Classic" photo which shows the control plate or the ASAT wiring schematic "all years", the latter being a bit hard to read ? Thanks, Don
PS any comment on the wiring colours I mention in my first post here- these are for example, different to that depicted in the "ASAT wiring schematic all years" diagram.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

donnyb wrote:Craig, are you referring to the picture diagram "ASAT Classic" photo which shows the control plate or the ASAT wiring schematic "all years", the latter being a bit hard to read ? Thanks, Don
PS any comment on the wiring colours I mention in my first post here- these are for example, different to that depicted in the "ASAT wiring schematic all years" diagram.

Yes, I was referring to the ASAT Classic photo of the control plate. You will see the colored lines for each pickup.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks Craig.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Craig,

In the process of wiring up the new G&L PUs to this guitar.

When I first joined this forum last year, I asked about pots and caps for the ASAT Tribute Classic. Here is a copy of your reply:

"Only the pickups are US made and they are the exact same pickups as the US model. The other components
are provided by the factory of origin. The serial number format will indicate the country of origin. See this
post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Serial number significance.

The pots should each be 250k and the volume cap should be 200pf and the tone cap should be .047mf.
The pots should be Mighty Mite brand. I don't know if the 78WD and 58WD markings on yours indicate the stock pots.

Hope this helps."

I found on the G&L website, a Wiring Diagram dated 01/98 drawn by P.Gagon for the "ASAT Special, Classic, Standard" that shows the tone cap as .1UF, as differing from the .047mf you state above. I am probably showing my ignorance of cap values ie between UF and mf here....are these values the same and if not, please clarify which cap value I use on the tone pot? Thanks, Don