View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 ASAT neck ailgnment 

Post ASAT neck ailgnment
hi, I wanted to align the neck on my asat classic according to the G&L manual and Craigs 'String alignment issues and a simple cure' , respectively, by loosening the neck screws slightly with tuned strings and then move the neck carefully in the pocket for proper alignment.

However, my neck has such a tight seat in the pocket that I can't even move it a bit. When I turned the screws, I heard a crackling noise on every screw (not particularly convincing), but nothing moved.

I then removed the neck and found that the screws have hardly any room in the body holes; actually you have to screw them through, which might also at least be partly the cause for the issue.

Finally, I saw that one of the screws was screwed in somewhat tilted compared to the others causing a slightly wider thread in the neck. I hope that doesn't effect the fit between body and neck; I don't know if this is something to worry about at all and occurs regularly ... I haven't removed to many necks so far :)

looking forward to your responses

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]