JB-2 with a truss rod problem

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

I purchased a used JB-2 last week. It is approx. 10 years old and it looks like it was NEVER used. Serial number CLF23733. The case included the Certificate of Authenticity and the warranty registration that was never filled out. Pretty much brand new and not abused in anyway. I took it to my guitar tech for a set up and look over. He says the truss rod in the neck is faulty (not damaged). He says it cant be tightened anymore so he cant get the neck totally straight. He advised me to check with G & L about replacement necks and maybe they would be accommodating in someway since it seems to be a design flaw? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: JB-2 with a truss rod problem

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 pm

wishiwasabeatle wrote:I purchased a used JB-2 last week. It is approx. 10 years old and it looks like it was NEVER used. Serial number CLF23733. The case included the Certificate of Authenticity and the warranty registration that was never filled out. Pretty much brand new and not abused in anyway. I took it to my guitar tech for a set up and look over. He says the truss rod in the neck is faulty (not damaged). He says it cant be tightened anymore so he cant get the neck totally straight. He advised me to check with G & L about replacement necks and maybe they would be accommodating in someway since it seems to be a design flaw? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check out these posts: Truss Rod Nut Issue and Truss rod doesn't work

If these posts don't help, you might contact Chris Robosan at repairs@glguitars.com and ask him what he
suggests to fix this.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks Craig. I described the fix to my tech and he said that could do it. Taking it to him tomorrow morn and I will report back. Many thanks for your quick reply.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:41 pm

My tech tried the fix described fin the links you gave me and it didnt work. Truss rod wont go any further and the neck has too much relief still. I will send Chris at G&L an email and see what happens. Thank you for your help.