Can't pull vibrato arm out?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello - I had a Legacy back in the 90s, and always was disappointed that I let it go. So, I have just purchased a brand new Legacy, and have a very simple question: the vibrato arm won't pull out, and I'm wondering if that's a changed feature on new Legacy models, or if new ones are just tight and you have to pull hard on them to get them out...? Thanks!

Re: Can't pull vibrato arm out?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:03 pm

fenderfan wrote:Hello - I had a Legacy back in the 90s, and always was disappointed that I let it go. So, I have just purchased a brand new Legacy, and have a very simple question: the vibrato arm won't pull out, and I'm wondering if that's a changed feature on new Legacy models, or if new ones are just tight and you have to pull hard on them to get them out...? Thanks!

There is an allen set screw on the side of the socket which the trem bar goes into.
Use the allen wrench in the set of wrenches which fits the set screw and loosen it.
The DF trem on G&L Legacys all have this set screw.

Also, see: Legacy tremolo question.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks for the response, Craig. When I loosen that screw, it changes the tension and the "dangle" of the arm, but I can't pull the arm itself out. It is really in tight, and I'm hesitant to give it a big yank, but maybe that's necessary...?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:12 am

fenderfan wrote:Thanks for the response, Craig. When I loosen that screw, it changes the tension and the "dangle" of the arm, but I can't pull the arm itself out. It is really in tight, and I'm hesitant to give it a big yank, but maybe that's necessary...?

See if this post will help: Anybody ever have a trem bar get "stuck" in the guitar?

:ugeek: