G&L Dual Fulcrum vibrato arm socket

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm

How does the nylon insert come out? Does it have to be pushed out or can it be pushed in?

Thanks

Re: G&L Dual Fulcrum vibrato arm socket

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Remove the whammy bar, take the hex set screw out and with a dowel pin (or wooden skewer or something) push the insert into the central channel. Et voilà! In that way you wouldn't ruin any threads etc.

- Jos

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:37 am

Thank you. I got the guitar with no bar and hex screw. gotta order em....

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 am

Depending on what year your guitar was built, to get the era-correct parts there are different places you go to. As a kind of compendium here an overview for sources:

Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L
G&L Online Store tension screw set
Late '80's-2005 replacement vibrato arm
Early 2006-current replacement vibrato arm
For earlier years, check out ESI replacement vibrato arms which assumes the DF vibrato has a small diameter (i.e. 3/16" diameter bore) socket holder.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 pm

It's a 92 the best I can tell. I ordered the tension screws for prior to 05. I also ordered the trem bar.

Thanks for the info.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 pm

:happy0065:
I just purchased an ASAT Classic S in the Honey Ale finish. This guitar has blown me away in ease of playing the clarity of the pickups and the seven settings. The one setting that standout is all three pickups at once what a tone. I couldn’t be happier or so I thought.

I went into GC to look for a Strat that would give me the same seven setting and no such luck. But in the used section was this beautiful G&L Legacy in Apple Candy Red with matching headstock S/N CFL30502. This is better than any start I have owned or played. However having bought it used I need a vibrato Arm the Nylon Bushing and Set Screw. I have tried to find out what year it is so could acquire the proper parts for it. I really do not want to take the neck off everything is lined up so well not that i’m skittish about it Ihave been doing my own setups and repairs as well as for others.

If someone could help me with the dating and finding the Nylon Bushings I would appreciate it. I found the Vibrato Arms and set screws in the store but don’t know which ones to order. :shocked028:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 am

MarioC wrote::happy0065:
I just purchased an ASAT Classic S in the Honey Ale finish. This guitar has blown me away in ease of playing the clarity of the pickups and the seven settings. The one setting that standout is all three pickups at once what a tone. I couldn’t be happier or so I thought.

I went into GC to look for a Strat that would give me the same seven setting and no such luck. But in the used section was this beautiful G&L Legacy in Apple Candy Red with matching headstock S/N CFL30502. This is better than any start I have owned or played. However having bought it used I need a vibrato Arm the Nylon Bushing and Set Screw. I have tried to find out what year it is so could acquire the proper parts for it. I really do not want to take the neck off everything is lined up so well not that i’m skittish about it Ihave been doing my own setups and repairs as well as for others.

If someone could help me with the dating and finding the Nylon Bushings I would appreciate it. I found the Vibrato Arms and set screws in the store but don’t know which ones to order. :shocked028:

I contacted Dave at G&L to find out the build completion date of your guitar (s/n CLF30502).

Dave says: It’s 12/10/03 so it’s the early style.

BTW, the nylon bushings come with the Tension Screw Set (they just don't show them in the photo).

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Craig, My apology for the late response i have been down with some health issuers.
I so I orderd then current style before I saw this what a mess up on my part.
Will the early style be abetter fit because the vibrato aren wiggles around in the socked.

I did not have a vibrato arm with the Legacy becuae I bought it used and it is in pristine condition and the case as well . But no vibrato or build sheet came with it.

I appreciate your help and just left a message in your voice mail. I have been trying to find instruction on how to install the nylon bushing and I will continue to search the board.

Have a blessed week.

MarioC

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm

MarioC wrote:Craig, My apology for the late response i have been down with some health issuers.
Will the early style be abetter fit because the vibrato aren wiggles around in the socked.

I did not have a vibrato arm with the Legacy becuae I bought it used and it is in pristine condition and the case as well . But no vibrato or build sheet came with it.

I appreciate your help and just left a message in your voice mail. I have been trying to find instruction on how to install the nylon bushing and I will continue to search the board.

Have a blessed week.

MarioC

Yes, the vibrato arm you need is the early style. This arm diameter is approximately 0.25" or 6.35mm. The newer style arm diameter is approximately 0.23" or 5.84mm.
To insert the nylon bushing, you just need to remove the allen set screw from the side of the arm socket and insert the nylon bushing into the screw hole. I put the vibrato arm
into the socket and then use a small jeweler's screwdriver to help push the bushing down into the hole. Finally, screw in the allen set screw until the vibrato arm is at the right
tension, so that it does not wobble or swing, but can be removed and re-inserted without loosening or tightening the set screw.

Hope this helps.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Craig wrote:
MarioC wrote:Craig, My apology for the late response i have been down with some health issuers.

Have a blessed week.

MarioC

Yes, the vibrato arm you need is the early style. This arm diameter is approximately 0.25" or 6.35mm. The newer style arm diameter is approximately 0.23" or 5.84mm.
To insert the nylon bushing, you just need to remove the allen set screw from the side of the arm socket and insert the nylon bushing into the screw hole. I put the vibrato arm
into the socket and then use a small jeweler's screwdriver to help push the bushing down into the hole. Finally, screw in the allen set screw until the vibrato arm is at the right
tension, so that it does not wobble or swing, but can be removed and re-inserted without loosening or tightening the set screw.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help now to return the current style Vibrato Arm in exchange for an early one. I have been through the store sight several times and haven't been able to find instruction on how to do it. :happy0007:

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 pm

MarioC,

Contact webstore@bbesound.com for doing an exchange.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:47 pm

Craig wrote:

Have a blessed week.

MarioC

Hope this helps.
It has I ordered the wrong Vibrato Arm how do I return it to exchange it for the early one. Thanks for the help I appreciate it very much.