Hi All New To The Forum! PTB Treble Pot And Cap Question

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Knowing that the setup uses a 250k volume..A 500k treble pot with a .022 cap,and a 1 meg bass rolloff pot that uses a .0022 cap...

I Love this setup in one of my recent strat builds...The only thing I dislike,is that there's quite a bit of rolling the 500k/.022 combination down on the pot to hear significant change in the rolling off of the treble...Would we want to increase the .022 cap on the treble control....or lower the 500k pot to 250k also? What should I try first and what do you feel would work better?

Will the whole system work even better once I get the "C" reverse 1 meg bass pot and should I wait until I replace that?

Thanks all....Not alot of info about tweaks to this setup,so that tells me Leo pretty much got it right from the start...No harm in asking though?

Re: Hi All New To The Forum! PTB Treble Pot And Cap Question

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:44 am

Surprised no one can touch this? :?:

Re: Hi All New To The Forum! PTB Treble Pot And Cap Question

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 pm

stratdeluxer wrote:Knowing that the setup uses a 250k volume..A 500k treble pot with a .022 cap,and a 1 meg bass rolloff pot that uses a .0022 cap...

I Love this setup in one of my recent strat builds...The only thing I dislike,is that there's quite a bit of rolling the 500k/.022 combination down on the pot to hear significant change in the rolling off of the treble...Would we want to increase the .022 cap on the treble control....or lower the 500k pot to 250k also? What should I try first and what do you feel would work better?

Will the whole system work even better once I get the "C" reverse 1 meg bass pot and should I wait until I replace that?

Thanks all....Not alot of info about tweaks to this setup,so that tells me Leo pretty much got it right from the start...No harm in asking though?

Yes, I would think it would work better if you have the correct parts, in this case the correct 1 meg "C" reverse taper pot.

You might also check this post out: Can you explain the PTB circuit?

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: