Pickup routing for G&L Legacy HB Tribute

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 am

Hi everyone i'm planning on buying the G&L legacy HB Tribute from musicians friend.
I feel that it is most likely im gonna change the neck pickup..to an alnico 5 pick up so i need to know..
What is the pick up routing for G&L Legacy HB Tribute.
Bathtub routing?(Best!)
HSS? HSH?

Please help ! I tried searching online people said their Older legacy HBs had a bathtub routing, can't really find any truly factual answers though ..

Thanks!

Re: Pickup routing for G&L Legacy HB Tribute

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:01 am

Spidey1992 wrote:Hi everyone i'm planning on buying the G&L legacy HB Tribute from musicians friend.
I feel that it is most likely im gonna change the neck pickup..to an alnico 5 pick up so i need to know..
Bathtub routing?(Best!)
HSS? HSH?

Please help ! I tried searching online people said their Older legacy HBs had a bathtub routing, can't really find any truly factual answers though ..

Thanks!

AFAIK, it's bathtub routed. I will check with one of my contacts and
find out.

Stay tuned.

:ugeek:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Craig wrote:
Spidey1992 wrote:Hi everyone i'm planning on buying the G&L legacy HB Tribute from musicians friend.
Bathtub routing?(Best!)
HSS? HSH?

Thanks!

AFAIK, it's bathtub routed. I will check with one of my contacts and
find out.

Stay tuned.

Okay, I heard back on this. The current Tribute Legacy HB is not bathtub routed.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 am

Thank you so much dude you are freaking helpful.

However could you tell me the specific configuration? Or is the fact that a guitar is not bathtub routed meaning its routed only for the pickups inserted into the guitar? Because I am way too noobish to know that sorry.

Anyways so could you tell me the specific configuration? HSH? HSS? Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it's HSH otherwise might not get it due to the ridiculous price to rout the guitar in my country.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:03 am

Spidey1992 wrote:Thank you so much dude you are freaking helpful.

However could you tell me the specific configuration? Or is the fact that a guitar is not bathtub routed meaning its routed only for the pickups inserted into the guitar? Because I am way too noobish to know that sorry.

Anyways so could you tell me the specific configuration? HSH? HSS? Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully it's HSH otherwise might not get it due to the ridiculous price to rout the guitar in my country.

If you click on the link I provided in my last post, it will take you to the Spec page on G&L's main website.
The neck and middle pickups are single coil sized dual rail pickups and the bridge is a humbucker, so it is SSH.

Hope this helps.

BTW, where are you located?