Legacy tremolo question

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere but please help me out. I am the proud owner of a 2011 Legacy 2HB that has the same tremolo as many other American made G&L guitars. The issue is that the tremolo bar is perfectly smooth with no threads or machining to make it click into place. It just goes in rather loosely and flops around. Is this normal?

If that is the case, has anyone come up with a simple fix to tighten up the fit just a tiny bit?

Thanks from a big G&L fan in the big state of Texas . . . .

Re: Legacy tremolo question

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 pm

FidgetStone wrote:Forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere but please help me out. I am the proud owner of a 2011 Legacy 2HB that has the same tremolo as many other American made G&L guitars. The issue is that the tremolo bar is perfectly smooth with no threads or machining to make it click into place. It just goes in rather loosely and flops around. Is this normal?

If that is the case, has anyone come up with a simple fix to tighten up the fit just a tiny bit?

There should be a bushing with a screw to tighten on the side. Mine was missing and I had the dealer send me one. You can order them from the G&L store as well:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:59 pm

FidgetStone wrote:Forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere but please help me out. I am the proud owner of a 2011 Legacy 2HB that has the same tremolo as many other American made G&L guitars. The issue is that the tremolo bar is perfectly smooth with no threads or machining to make it click into place. It just goes in rather loosely and flops around. Is this normal?

There is an allen screw on the side of the socket for the vibrato arm. Your guitar
should have come with a set of allen wrenches in the case. The wrench size for
this is the 2mm one. See: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks for the fast replys. I had the 2mm Allen wrench in my case. Problem solved!

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:30 pm

There is an Allen screw on the side of the socket for the vibrato arm. Your guitar
should have come with a set of Allen wrenches in the case. The wrench size for
this is the 2mm one. See: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?.

Hope this helps.

Am I correct in that the Tribute series Legacy has the same set screw/bushing arraignment? If so mine was missing too. Maybe they should ship a couple extra screws with the Allen wrenches and spare spring. Just sayin. :crazy:

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Psalm 100 wrote:

There is an Allen screw on the side of the socket for the vibrato arm. Your guitar
should have come with a set of Allen wrenches in the case. The wrench size for

Hope this helps.

Am I correct in that the Tribute series Legacy has the same set screw/bushing arraignment? If so mine was missing too. Maybe they should ship a couple extra screws with the Allen wrenches and spare spring. Just sayin. :crazy:

Yes, your are correct.

I have made a similar suggestion to the folks at G&L, but did not suggest a spare spring.
Next time I talk with Dave I'll mention your suggestion.

You might go back to the G&L dealer where you bought the Tribute Legacy and ask them if they have any
spare set screws and nylon bushings. You also can purchase a package of six sets from the G&L Online Store.
Here's the link for them: Tension Screw Set.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Craig on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated G&L On-Line Store link

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

Very helpful. Thanks.
I called G&L this morning. They're putting one/some in the mail for me.
Nice customer service person!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:33 pm

I'll just second on G&L's customer service. I bought a used Legacy that came with no allen wrenches. So I e-mailed to inquire about purchasing a set. Obviously G&L owed me nothing on a 10-yr old used guitar, but he asked for my address and mailed them to me at no charge! I realize the allen wrenches cost them very little, but I was still impressed!