Authenticating a G&L Broadcaster..

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I recently purchased a G&L Broadcaster and I was wondering about it's authenticity.. It didn't have any of the paper work I see people refer to here. Is there any good way to authenticate? It dose have the sticker in the neck joint with Leo Fender's signature and the serial number matches the number on the neck plate. BC00353. as well as the date on the neck sep. 3 1985 and on the inspection sticker sep. 4 1985. the only thing unusual in the neck looks and feel brand new.. the body has a few nicks and some finish fade on the top body side.. i'm in love with this guitar, it really sings, and the intonation is the best I've played. i did pay a little extra toward its collectibility and I wonder if there is a good way to be sure it's authentic and original..

Re: Authenticating a G&L Broadcaster..

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:30 am

ooMikeoo wrote:I recently purchased a G&L Broadcaster and I was wondering about it's authenticity.. It didn't have any of the paper work I see people refer to here. Is there any good way to authenticate? It dose have the sticker in the neck joint with Leo Fender's signature and the serial number matches the number on the neck plate. BC00353. as well as the date on the neck sep. 3 1985 and on the inspection sticker sep. 4 1985. the only thing unusual in the neck looks and feel brand new.. the body has a few nicks and some finish fade on the top body side.. i'm in love with this guitar, it really sings, and the intonation is the best I've played. i did pay a little extra toward its collectibility and I wonder if there is a good way to be sure it's authentic and original..

I see you've already read and posted on HLG's post: Authenticating a G&L Broadcaster.

Is there a date stamp on the neck? It is possible that the neck was replaced by the factory under warranty.

Perhaps if you post some photos of this guitar (front, rear and closeups), that might get HLG's attention.
He's the only member here, that I know of, who has access to the G&L Production Log Book, which is in
Dale Hyatt's possession.

Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Hey Craig! Thanks for your response. I'll put some pics up. I've never used a forum so I'm not exactly sure how things work in terms of older posts and newer posts.. I'm not sure is the older posts continue to be updated.. I'll spend a little time getting familiar with it.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:12 pm

if I saw a simple way to share some photos i would.. I don't an http to put them up on.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 pm

ooMikeoo wrote:if I saw a simple way to share some photos i would.. I don't an http to put them up on.

See: Tutorial: Posting photos.

If, for some reason, you don't want to put them on a hosting service or in our Registered User's Gallery,
email the photos to me and I will post them for you.

Hope this helps.