Static Noise

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:27 pm

I noticed Tuesday during practice that I would sometimes get a burst of static or pop while standing up between songs. The first thing I checked was the plastic control plate as the L-2500 does not have a pickguard. That was the source as rubbing slightly would cause static and a pop sometimes. We have discussed this before on the forum.Today I took some adhesive backed aluminum tape that is used for sealing heating/AC ductwork, put it on the plastic plate, trimmed it, reinstalled and the problem is totally gone. Easy Fix.-- Darwin

Re: Static Noise

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm

This comes as a mild shock to me. Ha! - ed

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm

darwinohm wrote:I noticed Tuesday during practice that I would sometimes get a burst of static or pop while standing up between songs. The first thing I checked was the plastic control plate as the L-2500 does not have a pickguard. That was the source as rubbing slightly would cause static and a pop sometimes. We have discussed this before on the forum.Today I took some adhesive backed aluminum tape that is used for sealing heating/AC ductwork, put it on the plastic plate, trimmed it, reinstalled and the problem is totally gone. Easy Fix.-- Darwin

Hi Darwin,

Any chance you could post a photo or two showing this? Which side of the plastic plate did you
put the tape on?

Thanks,

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm

I wondered about that very point as well... - ed

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am

Hey guys, I happened to choose the back side but if you want the relic look, put it on the front. Just like layin' sod- Green side up!!!

Here on some pics.-- Darwin

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 pm

I had the same problem with my 3 Legacys 1 Comanche 1 ASAT Special and my Gibson SG. It comes from the Static electricity in the plasitic pick gaurd. A dryer sheet under the pick gaurd will fix temp. I put sheilding tape under all of my pick gaurds and have not had a prob since. On the ASAT make sure the sheilding tape makes contact with the control panel. I have also sheilded the cavities of all of my Legacys.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:46 pm

I have had the same problem on my ASAT Special..thanks for the info..

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:46 am

I sheild all of my guitars that have a pick gaurd. Stew Mac sells tape for this purpose. I Sheilded my ASAT all of my Legacy's and a Gibson SG. You can also take a dryer sheet and wipe the guitar down with it. Before I sheilded my guitars I found that the guitar had the static problem every time I polished my guitars.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:46 am

I sheild all of my guitars that have a pick gaurd. Stew Mac sells tape for this purpose. I Sheilded my ASAT all of my Legacy's and a Gibson SG. You can also take a dryer sheet and wipe the guitar down with it. Before I sheilded my guitars I found that the guitar had the static problem every time I polished my guitars.