Does anyone know where I could get a saddle lock screw?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 am

Hi guys,

I just realised my ASAT Special is missing the Saddle lock screw. I looked at the G&L website but only see the entire bridge assembly for sale. Could anyone point me to where I could buy one of these?

Also I've had a pain setting my ASAT up, the action is massive and dropping it creates buzzing and fretting out all over. I've messed with both saddles and truss rod adjustments to no avail. I think the nut is worn or cut too deep. Does anyone know where I could get a suitable replacement.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Does anyone know where I could get a saddle lock screw?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 am

Emir wrote:Hi guys,

I just realised my ASAT Special is missing the Saddle lock screw. I looked at the G&L website but only see the entire bridge assembly for sale. Could anyone point me to where I could buy one of these?

Also I've had a pain setting my ASAT up, the action is massive and dropping it creates buzzing and fretting out all over. I've messed with both saddles and truss rod adjustments to no avail. I think the nut is worn or cut too deep. Does anyone know where I could get a suitable replacement.

Thank you in advance!

What you want is the Tension Screw Set. They can be ordered from the G&L On-Line store.
Here the link to them: Tension Screw Set.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated G&L On-Line Store link

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 am

Excellent, thank you so very much kind sir!

I've been working far too much lately, my cognitive skills are next to null.

Now if only I could find out what this guitar's color is I could add it to the registry, it's some sort of chameleon finish that is vintage white under or pearl white, depending on how light hits it....

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 am

Emir wrote:Excellent, thank you so very much kind sir!

I've been working far too much lately, my cognitive skills are next to null.

Now if only I could find out what this guitar's color is I could add it to the registry, it's some sort of chameleon finish that is vintage white under or pearl white, depending on how light hits it....

If you post a photo or two, we can probably help identify the color. Also include the
serial number as this can help determine which colors were available when it was built.

Hope this helps.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

Nigh on impossible to capture the effect though, serial is CL05815. 4 bolt neck.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Emir wrote:Image

Nigh on impossible to capture the effect though, serial is CL05815. 4 bolt neck.

It was built in late 1997 or in 1998. The two White finishes available then were White and Pearl White.
From your description of the characteristics of the finish of this guitar, I would say it is probably Pearl White.

Here's the 1996-97 G&L Catalog page showing the available finishes (click on image for full size):

Hope this helps.