Wiring Diagram for Asat SPecial Deluxe Carved Top;

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 am

I recently purchased a ASAT Special with a carved top

I love the guitar, however I want to Faraday cage the control cavity with copper foil. It still hums a bit even with the conductive paint and the tinfoil on the cover. The paint that they ran over the edge to the screw holes is not effective adn continuity is iffy.

I want to replace the volume bleed cap and install a different bleed circuit on the Volume pot and a different tone cap on the tone pot.

HOWEVER:

The diagrams that I can find online are dicey to say the least. The diagram on http://www.guitarsbyleo.com is illegible and the switch is different.

The export models has a three position toggle and I cannot find any diagrams that identify all of the poles. I cannot even find out who made the switch.

The pots are mighty mites and they have to go.

The hot lines and grounds for the pickups and jack are obvious, however this guitar was wired like a Chinese radio and there are grounds going all over the place, some of which I cannot determine why they are where they are and removing the ground loops is proving to be a challenge.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Vomact

Re: Wiring Diagram for Asat SPecial Deluxe Carved Top;

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Vomact wrote:I recently purchased a ASAT Special with a carved top

I love the guitar, however I want to Faraday cage the control cavity with copper foil. It still hums a bit even with the conductive paint and the tinfoil on the cover. The paint that they ran over the edge to the screw holes is not effective adn continuity is iffy.

I want to replace the volume bleed cap and install a different bleed circuit on the Volume pot and a different tone cap on the tone pot.

HOWEVER:

The diagrams that I can find online are dicey to say the least. The diagram on http://www.guitarsbyleo.com is illegible and the switch is different.

The export models has a three position toggle and I cannot find any diagrams that identify all of the poles. I cannot even find out who made the switch.

The pots are mighty mites and they have to go.

The hot lines and grounds for the pickups and jack are obvious, however this guitar was wired like a Chinese radio and there are grounds going all over the place, some of which I cannot determine why they are where they are and removing the ground loops is proving to be a challenge.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Vomact

I'll see if I can get a wiring diagram for the Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe Carved Top for my contacts
at G&L.

Stay tuned.

Re: Wiring Diagram for Asat SPecial Deluxe Carved Top;

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 pm

I received the diagram from Paul and have added it to the Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics section of the Gallery. It's listed as Album: ASAT Special Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematic.

Hope this helps.