neck widths

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:59 am

I see the iist of neck widths at the nut on the G&L options page. Does anyone know where I can find a list of the neck widths at the neck butt (end of the 22nd fret)? Specifically, what is the width at the neck butt for a #4 (1 3/4 at nut) neck?

Thanks.

Re: neck widths

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 am

Larryb wrote:I see the iist of neck widths at the nut on the G&L options page. Does anyone know where I can find a list of the neck widths at the neck butt (end of the 22nd fret)? Specifically, what is the width at the neck butt for a #4 (1 3/4 at nut) neck?

Thanks.

I am checking with my contact at the factory and will post the answer
when I get it.

Stay tuned.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:16 am

I know that Craig is checking but my guess is that they are all the same. I would suspect that all bodys have the neck pocket machined the same to adapt to any neck.-- Darwin

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Craig wrote:
Larryb wrote:I see the iist of neck widths at the nut on the G&L options page. Does anyone know where I can find a list of the neck widths at the neck butt (end of the 22nd fret)? Specifically, what is the width at the neck butt for a #4 (1 3/4 at nut) neck?

Thanks.

I am checking with my contact at the factory and will post the answer
when I get it.

Stay tuned.

I heard from John Toner:

All current guitar neck butts measure 2.24"
The older 3-bolt neck butts measure 2.20"

Hope this helps.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Great. That's perfect. Thanks for checking.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:28 am

That is great information. However, are the neck widths all the same at the 12th fret? I mean the #4 is "extra-wide" only at the nut? Thank you.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 pm

SambaSean wrote:That is great information. However, are the neck widths all the same at the 12th fret? I mean the #4 is "extra-wide" only at the nut? Thank you.

See the responses to your other post on this same topic.

:ugeek: