View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Confused about Legacy HSS wiring 

Post Confused about Legacy HSS wiring
A gallery pic of the Legacy HSS wiring diagram shows the neck pup with red/yellow wires, and the middle pup with black/white wires. Also, it shows the red & black wires as hot, and the yellow & white wires going to ground.

However, current pics of Legacy HSSes show the middle pup with red/yellow wires, and the neck pup having black/white wires. Also, according to the G&L store, the yellow & white wires are hot, and the black & red wires go to ground.

So, which one is correct?

Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:22 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Confused about Legacy HSS wiring
Thundersteel wrote:
A gallery pic of the Legacy HSS wiring diagram shows the neck pup with red/yellow wires, and the middle pup with black/white wires. Also, it shows the red & black wires as hot, and the yellow & white wires going to ground.

However, current pics of Legacy HSSes show the middle pup with red/yellow wires, and the neck pup having black/white wires. Also, according to the G&L store, the yellow & white wires are hot, and the black & red wires go to ground.

So, which one is correct?

It really depends upon the build year of your guitar. Is that photo of a Legacy HB Deluxe your guitar?

See these posts in our Gallery (and read the descriptions which have notes about wiring color changes):

USA Legacy HB Deluxe
USA Legacy Wiring Picture Diagram

Also, check out this post: CLF-100 pups.

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:14 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Confused about Legacy HSS wiring
No, it's not my guitar.

I'm building a parts guitar, and installed a CLF-100 middle & neck pickup per the wiring diagram. It sounded OK, but not stellar. So, I swapped the pickup positions and wiring per the G&L store. It sounded a lot better, except for the humbucker/middle combination. It had WAY too much "quack" in my opinion. I reversed the wiring on the middle pickup, and I still get a bit of "quack" when set to the neck/middle position, but not overwhelming as before.

I just want to make sure I have it wired correctly.

Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]