G&L rampage - Frett Buzz

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:28 pm

So i bought a Rampage and im gettin this damn annoyin buzz on the 9 th fret on my 3rd and 4rd string
just in those two spots. Ive adjusted the truss rod it helped a little but just if i raise my action quite a bit.

Can you give me some specs about the string height on the rampage along the fretboard i think mines is too high
this is really gettin me pissed off and i dont have the money to bring it to a repair shop.

Id love some help cuz this guitar is awesome and i cant play it with this BUZZ

Re: G&L rampage - Frett Buzz

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Cruz 666 wrote:So i bought a Rampage and im gettin this damn annoyin buzz on the 9 th fret on my 3rd and 4rd string
just in those two spots. Ive adjusted the truss rod it helped a little but just if i raise my action quite a bit.

Can you give me some specs about the string height on the rampage along the fretboard i think mines is too high
this is really gettin me pissed off and i dont have the money to bring it to a repair shop.

Id love some help cuz this guitar is awesome and i cant play it with this BUZZ

Did you buy this guitar new from a G&L dealer? If so, you might bring it to them and show them
the problem. They should be able to get it setup properly and if there is an issue they can't resolve, will get it resolved via
the warranty with the factory.

I just checked with John at the factory and the setup measurement should be:

- At the 12th fret, the #1E should measure 4/64" from the top of the fret to the
bottom of the string.
- The #6E should measure 5/64"
- The strings in between should taper up between these.

You should also check out the post: G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell Signature.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 pm

okay thanks ill try that setup and see if that works out , that is a considerable low action for the rampage right :confused0007:

is there anyway to raise the tremolo system because i also cant reach the spot where i can lock the tremolo and the other 2 hole at the side which i dont know what theyre for

I cant really send it to the shop i bought it since i bought it from another country while i was on vacation.
that makes the problem even worse. :evil: :evil:

thank you for your help

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.