View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 1992 Legacy (parts needed) 

Post 1992 Legacy (parts needed)
I am having issues with contacting the right people on a few things.

I own a 1992 G&L Legacy. I was interested in knowing where i can find and what type of Tremolo bolts i need. The two bolts holding the trem are rusted out and im not sure if the ones on the sites parts debt would work.

Also wanted to know where i can go about getting String trees and 6 new screws for the pickups.

Also if i wanted to buy a new Tremolo what unit on the site (parts) would work for this guitar ?

Thanks

Heres a picture of the guitar

Guitar on the right is 92
serial # G030971

-Walt

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 am
Site Admin

Post Re: 1992 Legacy (parts needed)
Waltb wrote:
I am having issues with contacting the right people on a few things.

I own a 1992 G&L Legacy. I was interested in knowing where i can find and what type of Tremolo bolts i need. The two bolts holding the trem are rusted out and im not sure if the ones on the sites parts debt would work.

Also wanted to know where i can go about getting String trees and 6 new screws for the pickups.

Also if i wanted to buy a new Tremolo what unit on the site (parts) would work for this guitar ?

You might check with Gabe Dellevigne's business called ESI. ESI specializes in the authentic reproduction of difficult or
impossible to locate parts for G&L brand guitars and basses produced between the years of 1980 and 1991.
The link to his website is:ESI.

The DF tremolo system knife-edge bolts did not change until 2006 when G&L went to metric for the bridge parts.
So, to use the DF tremolo system currently offered on the G&L on-line store, you would also need to replace the
existing brass inserts with the new ones, too.

You might also check with eBay as there are some sellers who sell G&L parts, just make sure they are not Tribute parts for
the bridge and string tree. The screws for the pickups are not specialized and you should be able to find them at a hardware
supply store which carry a good supply of metal screws. Take one with you and see if they can match it.

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: 1992 Legacy (parts needed)
Thank you :-)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]