Legacy Tone Control Circuit

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I was presented with a cheap strat copy and a wiring diagram for modification. Said diagram is supposedly for a G&L Legacy, and from what I found on the website, this appears to be true. I did the modification as described, and it appears to be fully functional. The only problem is, I'm not sure HOW it is supposed to function. I'ts pretty clear that the "front" tone control is working as a "master" tone/treble roll off. I haven't figured out exactly what the "rear" tone is supposed to be. Best as i can describe it, it plays with the "funkyness" of the mid-range frequencies. Can anyone be more specific as to just what this circuit does?

Re: Legacy Tone Control Circuit

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 pm

lwood254 wrote:I was presented with a cheap strat copy and a wiring diagram for modification. Said diagram is supposedly for a G&L Legacy, and from what I found on the website, this appears to be true. I did the modification as described, and it appears to be fully functional. The only problem is, I'm not sure HOW it is supposed to function. I'ts pretty clear that the "front" tone control is working as a "master" tone/treble roll off. I haven't figured out exactly what the "rear" tone is supposed to be. Best as i can describe it, it plays with the "funkyness" of the mid-range frequencies. Can anyone be more specific as to just what this circuit does?

The G&L Legacy tone control circuit is called the PTB system, which stands for
Passive Treble Bass system. See this post: Re: Is my PTB circuit faulty?

Hope this helps.