Cavalier wiring has me baffled...

Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 am

Hey folks- I am new to this forum, and looking for help with an '83 Cavalier I recently purchased- The wiring had been hacked, and; after fixing a really bad re-finish, I am at the point of trying to re-create the original stock wiring. Passive. Anyone have a diagram out there? I have searched and searched... Any help appreciated!
Seabury.

Re: Cavalier wiring has me baffled...

Thu May 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Seabury wrote:Hey folks- I am new to this forum, and looking for help with an '83 Cavalier I recently purchased- The wiring had been hacked, and; after fixing a really bad re-finish, I am at the point of trying to re-create the original stock wiring. Passive. Anyone have a diagram out there? I have searched and searched... Any help appreciated!
Seabury.

Check this post: Help!-Cavalier w/ active electronics in the Tech Tips sub-forum of the Knowledgebase.

Hope this helps.

Re: Cavalier wiring has me baffled...

Thu May 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Craig- Thanks for the fast reply-
Mine is fully passive; and I can find no documentation as to how it was wired originally. It looks like... the two humbuckers, two tones, and a master volume, through a 5-way strat style switch...I can't find anything to work from. I'm frustrated. It was pretty well hacked when I got it; love this guitar though. I want a player!
Thomas. (seabury.) Still huntin'....