tribute bluesboy pick-up question

Fri May 06, 2011 6:54 pm

I have a tribute blues boy. i recently bought a seth lover HB neck Pup and swapped it out with the G&L HB that came in my bluesboy. I didn't think there would be any problems as this is the Pup combination that comes in the american bluesboy. Both pick-ups sound great when selected but it sounds like crap in the middle postion. any thing I should have been aware of before attempting this?

Re: tribute bluesboy pick-up question

Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm

jsz_1962 wrote:I have a tribute blues boy. i recently bought a seth lover HB neck Pup and swapped it out with the G&L HB that came in my bluesboy. I didn't think there would be any problems as this is the Pup combination that comes in the american bluesboy. Both pick-ups sound great when selected but it sounds like crap in the middle postion. any thing I should have been aware of before attempting this?

Take a look at the G&L Registry Rarebirds page for the ASAT Blues Boy.
You should find the reference to a ground plane issue. Now go to the Gallery Album: ASAT Classic Bluesboy Wiring Diagram and Picture Diagrams in the
Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics. You will see that there is a ground plane change for the bridge pickup, which fixes that issue.

Hope this helps.