Re: Fret size on Tribute Legacy

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm

cbgl wrote:Dealers I've asked can't tell me anything about the fret size used on the current Tribute series Legacy. The G&L site is extremely stingy with specs, though I did find on the options page the information that the USA guitars have 'medium jumbo' frets--and then it says they're Dunlop 6100s, a fret size practically everybody else refers to as jumbo (Warmoth, Fender). But that information doesn't help me with the Tribute Legacy. There are no dealers within two hours of my location, so I've been reduced to thinking about buying a Tribute Legacy over the net--something I'd not like to do until I can get an answer about fret size. Oh, and hi :)

Hi and welcome!

I will check with one of my contacts at the Factory and post the size used on the Tribute models when I hear back.

Stay tuned.

Re: Fret size on Tribute Legacy

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 am

Here is the reply I got from Steve Grom, Director of Manufacturing:
The Tribute Legacy necks use what would be considered a medium jumbo fret wire. Since the Tribute instruments are made for G&L by an outside factory, I don’t have the exact details on the fret wire (height, width, radius of the fret crown or metallurgical compound).

Hope this helps.