G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell Signature

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 am

Hi guys and girls
Yesterday, after serching the net for months, I finnaly recieved my Rampage. Bought it used for about half the price compared to U.S. retailprice (I`m living in Norway by the way). It was in mint condition, literally, and had a DiMarzio super dist. mounted instead of the custom one. Got that one with the guitar of course :D The quality of the instrument blew me away. Did`nt expect that from a resonally priced asian build guitar but man, what craftmanship. The guys in R&D at G&L did a fantastic jobb :happy0065:
After fitting new string one question popped up, how on earth do you adjust the intonationscrews when they rest underneth the string??? Does anyone have an answer to that question?

Re: G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell Signature

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:10 am

jeskildsen wrote:Hi guys and girls
Yesterday, after serching the net for months, I finnaly recieved my Rampage. Bought it used for about half the price compared to U.S. retailprice (I`m living in Norway by the way). It was in mint condition, literally, and had a DiMarzio super dist. mounted instead of the custom one. Got that one with the guitar of course :D The quality of the instrument blew me away. Did`nt expect that from a resonally priced asian build guitar but man, what craftmanship. The guys in R&D at G&L did a fantastic jobb :happy0065:
After fitting new string one question popped up, how on earth do you adjust the intonationscrews when they rest underneth the string??? Does anyone have an answer to that question?

Check out the Kahler website for maintenance and adjustment. We have the link in this post in the
G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Tech Tips sub-forum: To lock down the USA and Tribute Rampage Kahler Trems ....

Perhaps others here with experience on this bridge will provide some insights.

Hope this helps.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Craig wrote:
jeskildsen wrote:Hi guys and girls

Check out the Kahler website for maintenance and adjustment. We have the link in this post in the
G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Tech Tips sub-forum: To lock down the USA and Tribute Rampage Kahler Trems ....

Perhaps others here with experience on this bridge will provide some insights.

Hope this helps.

Hi Craig
Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate it!
I already downloaded the Kahler trem chart but still dont get. Since the strings rest on the screws for intonation and stringspacing, there is no way taht you can adjust the guitar with the strings mounted (the way I see it).
I will try to get an answer from Kahler or do my head in during the weekend on how to solwe it. Anyways, the intonation was very good so the problem is`nt that big now.

Thanks again Craig and wish You and everybody at the forum nice weekend :greet:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 am

I contacted John Toner, G&L Customer Service, to get his setup tips.

Well sir, you must loosen the string and gently move it aside. If something is in your way, you have to move it.

The top Philips screw should be loosened. (righty-tighty...lefty loosy)
You can use a small flathead screwdriver inserted in the saddle's gap to gently extend or push in the saddle little by little to set the intonation.
Once you have your intonation setting, tighten the screw, but don't torque it. Just some moderate tension is required to keep the saddle in place.
Screw heads or threads are easily stripped.

Make sure your screwdriver's tip is in good condition. Worn or chewed up tips will not make good contact with the screw & you'll end up stripping the screw head. Same goes for Allen wrenches.

The hex screw just behind the roller is used to set the saddle height.

The hex screw located behind the Philips intonation set screw is used to set your string spacing.
Loosen the hex screw. Once the screw is loosened, slide the saddle to a position where the string is centered over the pickup's pole piece. Gently tighten the screw.

REMEMBER: if you strip or break a bridge part, don't come cryin' to us! We don't have spare parts for Kahlers. You have to contact Kahler for parts.

Hope this helps.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:26 am

Wow, really helpfull info here :happy0065: Got it now.

Thanks for all your help guys. Ready to rock out now :banana: