Help Needed-Cavalier w/ Active Electrononics

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 am

Hello:
I recently aquired a Cavalier that came fron the factory w/ teh active electronics, but somewhere in its life had the active components removed. The guitar operates now in a passive mode with 3 way Tele style switch and volume & tone pots that appear to be original. I am trying to track down a wiring diagran and maybe a picture of what the wiring should look like. Addiitonally, I would love to aquire the missing components and any leads w/b appreciated. As a potential fallback to finding the missing components, I have an old beat up f 100 w/ the active electronics which could be a source for the missing items. However, there appear to be slight differences as the f 100 has a les paul style 3 way switch, and 2 micro switches, one for varied degrees of boost and one for splitting, while the cavalier only has provision in its plate for one micro switch. Again, tracking down a diagram and a picture would be a start.
Any insight and assistence with this project would sincerely be apprecisted.
Thx
toml

Re: Help Needed-Cavalier w/ Active Electrononics

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 am

toml wrote:Hello:
I recently aquired a Cavalier that came fron the factory w/ teh active electronics, but somewhere in its life had the active components removed. The guitar operates now in a passive mode with 3 way Tele style switch and volume & tone pots that appear to be original. I am trying to track down a wiring diagran and maybe a picture of what the wiring should look like. Addiitonally, I would love to aquire the missing components and any leads w/b appreciated. As a potential fallback to finding the missing components, I have an old beat up f 100 w/ the active electronics which could be a source for the missing items. However, there appear to be slight differences as the f 100 has a les paul style 3 way switch, and 2 micro switches, one for varied degrees of boost and one for splitting, while the cavalier only has provision in its plate for one micro switch. Again, tracking down a diagram and a picture would be a start.
Any insight and assistence with this project would sincerely be apprecisted.
Thx
toml

See the followup to your orginial post: Help!-Cavalier w/ active electronics

Hope this helps.