Help!-Cavalier w/ active electronics

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:44 am

I'm hopeful folks will have some insight for me on this one.
I recently purchsed a beautiful cavalier that originally had the active electronics, but they were at some time prior removed. Three way swith and volume & tone pots all look original, but circuit board, battery harness, active input jack and sigle switch to activate the active electronics are all missing. Guitar is wired in passive mode with a regular inut jack & sounds nice, but I really want to go back to original. I cannot fins schematics for this model with teh active electronics anywhere. Any help on wiring and actual parts would be appreciated immensely.
Additionally, I have a old beat up F-100 w/ active electronics that I tend to think might be a souce for most of teh missing components, but I believe there are some differences. The cavalier seems to only have room for a sigle switch for what I would guess is simply boost and teh f-100 has 2 switches, one for coil spliting and teh other for a couple versions of boost. Additionally, the f-100 has a les paul like 3 way switch for the pickups, while teh cavalier has a telecaster like 3 way switch.
Again, any help with wiring diagrams, insight as to parts sourcing or thoughts as to ho I could possibly make use of teh f-100 components (id I can't otherwise source what I need) would really be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Tom

Re: Help!-Cavalier w/ active electronics

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 pm

I have a Cavalier E schematic. Shoot me your email and I'll send you a PDF.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:46 am

yoeleven wrote:I have a Cavalier E schematic. Shoot me your email and I'll send you a PDF.

I would be interested in the schematic as well.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 am

yoeleven wrote:I have a Cavalier E schematic. Shoot me your email and I'll send you a PDF.

If you send me a copy I will post it in the Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics Album of the Gallery.

Thanks,

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:33 am

Schematic on it's way to you Craig.
A

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 pm

yoeleven wrote:Schematic on it's way to you Craig.
A

Got it and have it posted in the Gallery: G&L Cavalier E Schematic drawing by Gabe Dellevigne.

Thanks, Andy :thumbup:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:00 am

Many thanks for the schematic folks!
Now I'll have to dig in and compare to the f-100 and see what I can do.
Again, if anyone has the active componenets that they want want to sell, please reach back.
Thanks again,
Tom