Volume pot cap value for a 2006 legacy

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:44 pm

8-)
Hey all

I just aquired a 2006 USA legacy. I bought it from my local guitar store where I am taking lessons. I got a fantastic deal on it and when I showed up it for my lesson my teacher was real impressed on how great of shape its in. No issues at all EXCEPT wait for it....some D/A replaced the neck P/U with a Dimarzio Injector and also replaced the volume pot to a 500K one. I have done some research on wiring diagrams for the Legacy series and found diagrams that show a 200PF Cap with the volume control and without it. Sooooo I just wanted to know what value of cap to use or not. On the G&L website the Block schematic doesn't show a cap but the regular schematic shows one. As well as the diagrams here on this site. I have already bought the correct pot and P/U and want to make sure I get it all right the first time.

Thanks

Zack

Re: Volume pot cap value for a 2006 legacy

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:59 pm

zack wrote:8-)
Hey all

I just aquired a 2006 USA legacy. I bought it from my local guitar store where I am taking lessons. I got a fantastic deal on it and when I showed up it for my lesson my teacher was real impressed on how great of shape its in. No issues at all EXCEPT wait for it....some D/A replaced the neck P/U with a Dimarzio Injector and also replaced the volume pot to a 500K one. I have done some research on wiring diagrams for the Legacy series and found diagrams that show a 200PF Cap with the volume control and without it. Sooooo I just wanted to know what value of cap to use or not. On the G&L website the Block schematic doesn't show a cap but the regular schematic shows one. As well as the diagrams here on this site. I have already bought the correct pot and P/U and want to make sure I get it all right the first time.

Thanks

Zack

The yellow cap on the 250K volume pot is labeled as YEP and 201K.

Hope this helps.

Re: Volume pot cap value for a 2006 legacy

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks a bunch!!