Tribute Series Legacy HB Schematic

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a brand new G&L owner and a first time user to this forum.

I have been looking for a schematic for my guitar, however, it is not on the Schematics page or on the Gallery page of the main site. I have been doing pickup switching mods and a phase-reversing mod on the middle pickup of my Legacy HB, and I made a mistake in the wiring somewhere. I am also a noob when it comes to guitar wiring and schematics. Does anyone have a schematic of this guitar?

If not, could anyone explain to me what the purpose is of each of the 4 wires and the braided wire that come from the 2 single coils and the bridge humbucker? It would be really appreciated.

Re: Tribute Series Legacy HB Schematic

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:44 pm

stlcardinals527 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a brand new G&L owner and a first time user to this forum.

I have been looking for a schematic for my guitar, however, it is not on the Schematics page or on the Gallery page of the main site. I have been doing pickup switching mods and a phase-reversing mod on the middle pickup of my Legacy HB, and I made a mistake in the wiring somewhere. I am also a noob when it comes to guitar wiring and schematics. Does anyone have a schematic of this guitar?

If not, could anyone explain to me what the purpose is of each of the 4 wires and the braided wire that come from the 2 single coils and the bridge humbucker? It would be really appreciated.

Do you have one that looks like this one? :
(2010 Tribute Legacy HB with 2 dual rail humbuckers in neck and middle positions; overwound Alnico V humbucker in bridge position)

or is it like this one?:

(2004-2007 Tribute Legacy HB with G&L vintage style Alnico V single coil pickups in neck and middle positions; G&L AW4370B Alnico humbucker in bridge position)

If it matches the 2004-2007 Tribute Legacy HB, then you should be able to use the Legacy HB diagram in the Gallery.

I will see about getting a diagram for the new Tribute Legacy HB from the G&L and will add it to the Gallery.

When you get a chance, please do register your Tribute in our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 pm

It 's the newer 2010 Olive Drab Green Legacy HB, with the Floyd Rose Special. I should have mentioned that earlier!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 pm

I got the 2010 G&L Tribute Legacy HB wiring diagram from Paul Gagon and added
to the GbL Gallery in the Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics Album.

Also, here are the specs for the pickups:

Tribute Legacy HB
Bridge = 13.5K ohms
Middle = 13.2K ohms
Neck = 13.2K ohms

Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:36 am

Man I am gassing hard for one of those Olive Drab Tributes. :)