Saddle lock bridge vibrations/rattling

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I just ran into this doing a setup, and couldn't find any info, at least with the search function.

I had to tweak intonation and such, but dang ,after I locked down the bridge the strings would rattle to heck, particularly the high ones. I checked relief, you name it, not the culprit.

The saddle screws were not even.

So when I locked the bridge, some would lift, and dang, can they ever create a fuss. Turned em til the loose ones were touching down too, no issues now.

Hope this helps someone.
Kyle

Re: Saddle lock bridge vibrations/rattling

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Kyle, I have run into this problem more than like on used guitars that I have purchased. Saddles have to be level with the radius and the screws have to be seated on the bridge. Then you tighten the saddle lock. This is basically why I was mentioning having a saddle lock setup on the DF bridge. This is a fairly common issue with poorly adjusted Strats and Teles.I am glad you were able to figure it out. Common sense always works!-- Darwin

Re: Saddle lock bridge vibrations/rattling

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 pm

darwinohm wrote:Kyle, I have run into this problem more than like on used guitars that I have purchased. Saddles have to be level with the radius and the screws have to be seated on the bridge. Then you tighten the saddle lock. This is basically why I was mentioning having a saddle lock setup on the DF bridge. This is a fairly common issue with poorly adjusted Strats and Teles.I am glad you were able to figure it out. Common sense always works!-- Darwin

See here for me the saddle lock WAS the issue, as they were fine until mashed together close disturbing the slanty seating. I can see on tigher spacings how it would be an issue though, the Saddle-lock seems to have a bit of play between the individual saddles unlocked.