Installing a new DF vibrato

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi, I've just built a frankenlegacy. Mahogany body (from a tribute), USA maple neck, just a single humbucker (Duncan distortion), push-pull volume pot (only) modded for series/parallel, Schaller m6 single pin locking tuners and finally a brand new original G&L DF vibrato bridge.

Although I had no problems with the installation and setup (this is my 3rd G&L Legacy already) the guitar does not stay in tune after the use of vibrato. This is weird cause I have no such problem with my other G&L's.

There were 4 black rings in the DF vibrato bridge set - the ones that you place around the knife edge bolts and the plate sits on. I used only 2 of these one for each side and thought the height was ok and did not use the other two. What is the usual practice? Using just two or all four?

Re: Installing a new DF vibrato

Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Ornesa wrote:Hi, I've just built a frankenlegacy. Mahogany body (from a tribute), USA maple neck, just a single humbucker (Duncan distortion), push-pull volume pot (only) modded for series/parallel, Schaller m6 single pin locking tuners and finally a brand new original G&L DF vibrato bridge.

Although I had no problems with the installation and setup (this is my 3rd G&L Legacy already) the guitar does not stay in tune after the use of vibrato. This is weird cause I have no such problem with my other G&L's.

There were 4 black rings in the DF vibrato bridge set - the ones that you place around the knife edge bolts and the plate sits on. I used only 2 of these one for each side and thought the height was ok and did not use the other two. What is the usual practice? Using just two or all four?

Use all four (two on each post). That is the way the factory installs them.

:ugeek:

Re: Installing a new DF vibrato

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks a lot Craig.