Commanche z-coil Pickup questions

Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:30 am

Hi all. I've had the usa commanche for a while now and wondered if someone would kindly answer a few questions on the pickups.

Fender pickups have a power, bass, mid and treble output rating, i'm wondering what the z-coils are rated at. Also if possible the 'q' rating. I use both a Fender mustang v2 combo and also a boss GT-100 processor. The fender combo sounds are pretty close (i guess) to what the modelled amps, but the Boss GT-100 don't sound right at all. The boss has a built-in adjustable parametric eq, but for the life of me i just cannot get it to sound right.

Your help would be aprechiated.

Regards

Barry

Re: Commanche z-coil Pickup questions

Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:57 am

As a rule, split single coil pickups have a pretty good spike on the impedance v. frequency graph.

it's pretty hard to get that kind of info on any given pickup, but I did find someone who did some measurements with Z-Coils

You can find his comments and measurements here.

I hope that helps.

Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm

Many thanks for the information and link you posted. I enjoyed reading about the Gibson les paul decade switch. Myself i have both a 'snarling dogs' Varitone pedal and also one made by https://jacksinstrumentservices.com/varitone-pedal.html Each have differing capacitors installed.

Again many thanks

Regards

Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:12 am

Here is a post from long time member BoogieBill which has been helpful for many Comanche owners in the past:
Comanches For Dummies Redux by BoogieBill.

Hope this helps.

Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:13 am

Thank you for the link.

Regards