S-500 MFD Single Coil dimensions

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 am

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the S-500 single coil pickups, in particular the height? I'm thinking about getting some to put in a project guitar, but I want to make sure the pickup cavity is deep enough. They look a little taller than standard single coils, so I was hoping to find out exactly how tall they are before ordering them. Also, what is the spacing on the bridge pickup? I'm assuming it will be similar to an F-spaced pickup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: S-500 MFD Single Coil dimensions

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:19 am

I am getting .979" (trying to get photo it moved to about .981") from the top of the outside pole to a small lump of solder on the base plate. If you have your low E string on you will want at least 1.104" from bottom of Low E string to bottom of route. Preferably you would want a little more because sometimes you may want to move those S-500 pickups a little further away from the string than 1/8", especially if you swap between the S-500 and a Legacy or Strat, or other guitar, and don't want to change the amp EQ.