Raw, unfinished G&L Neck

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:16 pm

A year or so ago, I purchased an unfinished G&L neck from a seller on Reverb. Since the pics and description seemed legit I went ahead and purchased it. I've since oil finished it and installed it on a body. I love the neck! My question is: Did G&L sell USA made unfinished necks to the public? B-stock? Just wondering.

Re: Raw, unfinished G&L Neck

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:25 pm

windolph wrote:A year or so ago, I purchased an unfinished G&L neck from a seller on Reverb. Since the pics and description seemed legit I went ahead and purchased it. I've since oil finished it and installed it on a body. I love the neck! My question is: Did G&L sell USA made unfinished necks to the public? B-stock? Just wondering.

G&L does on occasion sell blemished (B-stock] USA and Tribute Series necks in the G&L On-Line Store, but I have not seen any like the one you got which is unfinished.
I am guessing that the neck was rejected in the Paint department after the model name and serial number decals were applied.
Does the truss rod adjustment work?

Here is an example of one that was offered (and sold) in 2017 [link will open in a new tab]:
neck-g-l-usa-asat-guitar-neck

Hope this helps

Re: Raw, unfinished G&L Neck

Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:11 am

Thanks Craig. Ya, truss rod works. Neck plays beautifully. I have seen lots of Tribute necks & bodies on the G&L store (I've bought a few myself) but never a USA made one.