Hey Guys! MFD Humbucker question....

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:30 pm

I bought a MFD humbucker (f100) and am scratching my head about the wiring! Im trying to wire it up to a 500k volume only.
2 questions:
-What is the correct wiring schematic for this? Ive attempted this with crappy results..Anything that includes the colors of the wires and some termination advice would be awesome.
-Is a 500k pot the one to use? or a 250?
Thanks in advance!
The backstory...
I bought an ASAT classic custom build and was blown away by the pickups... And I hate single coils!
Then I bough another ASAT custom build with mfd P90s and love it too.
Then a custom build Invader...And that one is my new love!

Anyways..
I figured the MFD buckers must be cool! Ive owned an old Hohner strat forever. Played my first gig with it, and always liked the neck but the trem was awful. I always wanted it to be a hardtail so I also bought a G&L saddlelock.
Some filling here and some sanding there, shes now got a nice G&L saddlelock. I decided to install the MFD bucker, but im sure ive botched the wiring somehow. It sounds off, like out of phase or who knows what.
Theres a black, white,green,yellow and a blue that soldered to the copper base.

Re: Hey Guys! MFD Humbucker question....

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:33 am

ASATom73 wrote:I bought a MFD humbucker (f100) and am scratching my head about the wiring! Im trying to wire it up to a 500k volume only.
2 questions:
-What is the correct wiring schematic for this? Ive attempted this with crappy results..Anything that includes the colors of the wires and some termination advice would be awesome.
-Is a 500k pot the one to use? or a 250?
Thanks in advance!
The backstory...
I bought an ASAT classic custom build and was blown away by the pickups... And I hate single coils!
Then I bough another ASAT custom build with mfd P90s and love it too.
Then a custom build Invader...And that one is my new love!

Anyways..
I figured the MFD buckers must be cool! Ive owned an old Hohner strat forever. Played my first gig with it, and always liked the neck but the trem was awful. I always wanted it to be a hardtail so I also bought a G&L saddlelock.
Some filling here and some sanding there, shes now got a nice G&L saddlelock. I decided to install the MFD bucker, but im sure ive botched the wiring somehow. It sounds off, like out of phase or who knows what.
Theres a black, white,green,yellow and a blue that soldered to the copper base.

Which version of the G&L Magnetic Field Design™ large humbucking pickup do you have?
See this post: List of pickups used in G&L guitars
To help determine which one you have, measure the DC-R impedence, see this post:
Measuring Pickup DC-R

For photo and wiring diagrams, see our Gallery:
F-100 Wiring Schematics and Picture Diagrams

Hope this helps.