Putting a Custom classic neck pick up in a blues boy.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm wondering what I would have to do to put a Classic Custom neck pick up in a blues boy, besides a new pick guard and pick up? would the tone circut need different resistors, the body need to be cut out under the pick guard ect.?
My fingers just seem to to make better tone with single coils than with humbuckers, but I would like to have the heavier tone of a humbucker. What do you all think?

Re: Putting a Custom classic neck pick up in a blues boy.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm

wrigman wrote:I'm wondering what I would have to do to put a Classic Custom neck pick up in a blues boy, besides a new pick guard and pick up? would the tone circut need different resistors, the body need to be cut out under the pick guard ect.?
My fingers just seem to to make better tone with single coils than with humbuckers, but I would like to have the heavier tone of a humbucker. What do you all think?

You will also need to replace the bridge pickup as well. The bridge pickup on the Blues Boy is wired differently on the ground plate so that it pairs with the Seth Lover HB.

My suggestion: See if you can do a straight trade with someone who has a 2002 or newer ASAT Classic Custom. Or sell the Blues Boy and use the proceeds to buy the ACC.

Hope this helps.

Re: Putting a Custom classic neck pick up in a blues boy.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 pm

WOW! a little more involved than I thought! Thanks for the reply Craig.
If anyone has a clear orange Classic custom they would be willing to trade, let me know! :whome: