Pick guard Commemorative

Fri May 27, 2022 8:46 am

Hello
Does anyone have experience with gilding of a pick guard?
Regards
Nico

Re: Pick guard Commemorative

Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 am

Maybe contact Chandler (pickguardheaven.com / pickguardplanet.com) to see if there is anything they have or can do for you. They used to make the pickguards for the G&L factory.

Fri May 27, 2022 11:14 am

Thank you for your reply.
Regards
Nico

Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:11 am

I contacted them but they replied that they didn,t make pickguards for G&L.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:58 am

Nico de Graaf wrote:I contacted them but they replied that they didn,t make pickguards for G&L.

Are you sure they stated that, exactly?

From G&L's main website, this link: https://glguitars.com/support/#14987066 ... 239c2-09cf, has this:

Pickguards for most G&L USA instruments manufactured from early 2016 onward may be ordered through our online store. Tribute Series pickguards may be ordered through Pickguard Heaven operated by Chandler Guitars, original equipment supplier of pickguards for G&L instruments until early 2016. Pickguard Heaven can also supply custom pickguards in a variety of materials. Pickguard Heaven can also supply pickguards for Tribute Series models. If you order a pickguard for your Tribute Series model, YOU MUST NOTE THIS ON YOUR ORDER.

IMPORTANT: In early 2016, G&L began producing pickguards in-house. If your G&L USA instrument was made in 2015 or earlier, please contact www.pickguardheaven.com for a replacement pickguard.

To determine if your 2016 G&L USA instrument has a pickguard made in-house or by Pickguard Heaven, check the back side of the pickguard for markings. If there are numbers written there, other than “2016 V1” then the pickguard is made by Pickguard Heaven. If the back side of the pickguard on your 2016 G&L USA instrument shows no numbers or “2016 V1” then the pickguard is made in-house by G&L.

All 2017 and later G&L USA instruments will have pickguards made in-house unless noted otherwise here.

If you go to http://www.pickguardheaven.com and click on the G&L logo, you will find that they do make pre-2016 G&L instrument pickguards.

You might contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager] and ask him it he can tell where you can get a metal gold plated G&L ASAT Classic pickguard.
His email address is: repairs@glguitars.com.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:53 pm

Thank you.I wiil ask him what he can do for me.
The answer I got from Chandler music was: "that looks like a metal guard - we don't tool metals at this factory. GG"

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:42 pm

I have a couple more options to look into, which are listed in our Links section here.

There are two past members of the guitarsbyleo.com site which might be able to make you a Commemorative guitar pickguard, they are:

G&L authentic reproduction parts from ESI
Longtime member on the G&LDP, Gabe Dellevigne (aka GPD), has a business called ESI.
ESI specializes in the authentic reproduction of difficult or impossible to locate parts for G&L brand guitars and basses produced
between the years of 1980 and 1991.

Guitar Shielding Systems & Custom Accessories from Tone-Guard®
Longtime member on the G&LDP, Wayne Richman (aka Thumbs), has a business called Tone-Guard®.
Tone-Guard® specializes in Guitar Shielding Systems & Custom Accessories.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:59 pm

Thank you so much!