Schematic for SB-2T

Mon May 16, 2022 7:50 pm

I have an 80's SB-2 that I love, but I suspect that the last owner modified the pots as they're different heights. The J pickup doesn't seem to have the punch I'd expect (it's a little muted).

Does anyone have the actual parts used in the SB-2T? I see a schematic for the SB-2 and a picture of the SB-2T but no schematic for the three-knob variant.

Thanks!

Re: Schematic for SB-2T

Mon May 16, 2022 8:24 pm

pacific202 wrote:I have an 80's SB-2 that I love, but I suspect that the last owner modified the pots as they're different heights. The J pickup doesn't seem to have the punch I'd expect (it's a little muted).

Does anyone have the actual parts used in the SB-2T? I see a schematic for the SB-2 and a picture of the SB-2T but no schematic for the three-knob variant.

Thanks!

Contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager] and ask him if has a digital copy of the SB-2T mod schematic he can send you.
His email address is: repairs@glguitars.com .

If you do get a schematic, please post it here, so I can add it to our Gallery.

Hope this helps.

Tue May 17, 2022 6:07 pm

Memo replied very quickly. He wasn't able to provide a schematic but did add this technical info:

The SB2t requires a .022 micro farad capacitor and the tone pot is a 250kA ohm pot

Wed May 18, 2022 4:10 pm

pacific202 wrote:Memo replied very quickly. He wasn't able to provide a schematic but did add this technical info:

The SB2t requires a .022 micro farad capacitor and the tone pot is a 250kA ohm pot

Thanks for this additional information on the Tone circuit. I added it to the SB-2T Photo Diagram in the Gallery. I also moved this post
to the G&L Technical Questions & Tips sub-forum in the G&L Knowledgebase forum.