Good humbucker pairing with MFDs?

Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:43 pm

I've got MFDs in the neck and middle, but am looking for a good bridge humbucker to pair with them. I've got a nice 70s DiMarzio PAF in there now, but it just sounds so different from the MFDs that I'm looking for something not quite as abruptly different.

I've gotten a few suggestions (Anderson H2+, DiMarzio Steve's Special, Planet Tone Road King IV) from folks who aren't necessarily super familiar with MFDs, so I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions that you've actually tried?

Re: Good humbucker pairing with MFDs?

Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:10 pm

jking wrote:I've got MFDs in the neck and middle, but am looking for a good bridge humbucker to pair with them. I've got a nice 70s DiMarzio PAF in there now, but it just sounds so different from the MFDs that I'm looking for something not quite as abruptly different.

I've gotten a few suggestions (Anderson H2+, DiMarzio Steve's Special, Planet Tone Road King IV) from folks who aren't necessarily super familiar with MFDs, so I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions that you've actually tried?

You might try the G&L Magnetic Field Design™ large humbucking pickup, see: List of pickups used in G&L guitars. You can get one from the GL_On-Line_Store.
Oops, the G&L On-line store seem to be out of the bridge version right now. You might contact local G&L dealers to see if they have some in stock.

Hope this helps.

Re: Good humbucker pairing with MFDs?

Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:21 pm

Awesome, thanks!