Stuck pole piece

Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi everybody. I've adjusted all of the pole pieces in my recently purchased 2nd hand Tribute ASAT Special (2008) jumbo MFDs, except one. The pole piece for the B string in the neck pickup is sticking. I've tried a small amount of contact cleaner spray but nothing else so far. Any clever ideas for unsticking this, short of removing the pickup? (I thought this would have been a topic covered somewhere on the forums, but couldn't see it when I searched - apologies if I've missed it). Cheers Michael

Re: Stuck pole piece

Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:16 am

mcstone wrote:Hi everybody. I've adjusted all of the pole pieces in my recently purchased 2nd hand Tribute ASAT Special (2008) jumbo MFDs, except one. The pole piece for the B string in the neck pickup is sticking. I've tried a small amount of contact cleaner spray but nothing else so far. Any clever ideas for unsticking this, short of removing the pickup? (I thought this would have been a topic covered somewhere on the forums, but couldn't see it when I searched - apologies if I've missed it). Cheers Michael

I searched on "stuck pole" and found this post:

adjust the height of each pole.

Hope this helps.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:18 pm

Thanks Craig. I found that video also, but nothing there about how to deal with a stuck pole piece, just hoe to use them if they do turn.

Looking at it again yesterday, I think it is a combined problem of the pole piece being stuck, and the hex socket also being a little stripped so the Allen key is not getting the best leverage. But I think the sticking pole piece is the main problem.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:26 pm

perhaps a small drop of penetrating oil from lowes or an automotive shop. let it sit overnight, then give it a try the next day.