new to Dual-Fulcrum set up

Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:29 pm

I have bought a Doheny tribute and have a question about the trem set up. When i set up the trem to be parallel to the body and 1/8 inch up the strings don't resonate well and are stiff to bend. but if the trem is set tilted back a bit like you are pulling up on the arm the strings resonate well and the play ability is way better and the strings are easier to bend. The only real downfall is the trem takes a bit more effort to use. I guess my question is what would cause this and if i leave it like this will it cause the trem to wear down faster of be damaged in any other way

Re: new to Dual-Fulcrum set up

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:08 am

gnpnhva wrote:I have bought a Doheny tribute and have a question about the trem set up. When i set up the trem to be parallel to the body and 1/8 inch up the strings don't resonate well and are stiff to bend. but if the trem is set tilted back a bit like you are pulling up on the arm the strings resonate well and the play ability is way better and the strings are easier to bend. The only real downfall is the trem takes a bit more effort to use. I guess my question is what would cause this and if i leave it like this will it cause the trem to wear down faster of be damaged in any other way

Check out these posts in this sub-forum:
Setup Question, DFV Doheny
Set-Ups, answering some questions
Boogie Bill's - Things to do when you get a new guitar

Also check out this link: LINK: G&L Technical Questions & Tips (sorted by Subject).

Hope this helps.