4 way switch -- Your experiences

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:33 am

Not sure if this is the best forum for this but I have a question for those of you who have installed a "4 way switch" on your ASAT Classics.
I've always been intrigued by this option but have always wondered if I would actually use it enough to be worthwhile.

For those of you who have done it, how often do you actually use the "series" position?
Please share your experiences.

Re: 4 way switch -- Your experiences

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:49 am

I've added series/parallel switching to every 2x single coil guitar I've owned to get a "fuller" humbucker-like sound.
How often I used it depended on circumstances...type music, other instruments in the band, my mood, etc.

Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:11 am

I had an ‘83 SC-2 with the 4position pup selector option. I thought the series option was interesting, but not essential and I haven’t modded any of my asats with this…yet

Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Hey eddie,

I’m a big believer in the 4-switch and along with Grumpy Bill the fuller tone is in this switch, use when needed. :thumbup:

Don’t have a ASAT Classic with a 4-way but have modded 4 of my bunch and a mix of pickups among them. One is close to what yer looking at.

Guitars with 4-way include: 88’ ASAT, parts ASAT Z2, ASAT Deluxe with push/pull for both pickups and a 4-way, and I built essentially a fender Baja which has the 4-way switch Broadcaster bridge and custom shop twisted tele neck. This is close to the Classic.

For a low cost mod, between the switch and install, even cheaper if you do the switch install, I think you will find some tones you like. :alright: Let us know what you do. If you do, it tell us about it.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:33 am

I'm not sure what prompted my recent interest in this mod. I hadn't thought about it for a while.
I think I'll leave well enough alone after sifting through responses here a well as a couple other forums and talking to a local friend/player who did it to his Tele.
I'm pretty sure it would end up being a non-used novelty for me.