Fiorano GTS Nut Specs

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:00 pm

My Fiorano arrived just before the snow storm hit, so it's been fun to play while I've been stuck inside. It's pretty obvious, however, that one of the previous owners (I bought it from big box store, so who knows how many people have owned it before?) replaced the stock nut with a GraphTech Slotted Jumbo, "... a great option to upgrade the nut on your G----n USA guitar.": https://graphtech.com/products/black-tusq-xl-slotted-jumbo

The model number "BTXL-6000-00" are imprinted on the nut, so it was easy to identify once I compared the measurements against GraphTech's spec sheet. The measurements of the nut currently on the guitar are commensurate with those listed on the site:

Measure Length Width Height E to E
inches 1.735" 0.196" 0.329" 1.425"
mm 44.07mm 4.98mm 8.36mm 36.20mm

It's clearly the wrong fit. The first pic shows the nut sticking out from either side...

... and doesn't quite reach the truss cover...

... and a view of the truss cover from above.

I know the width based on specs is supposed to be 1 11/16", but I cannot seem to locate the remaining specs. It looks like something that will have to be cut fresh as opposed to something pre-cut and stock from GraphTech, but I'd like to give my tech a heads-up on the dimensions if anyone has them.

Lastly... check out the fading on the face of the headstock - looks kinda silvberbursty!

Thanks, all.

Re: Fiorano GTS Nut Specs

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:38 am

Here are the specs for the Fiorano GTS:

Fiorano GTS
Finishes
· Trans Red, Rosewood fingerboard, gloss Black headstock
· Trans Black, Rosewood fingerboard, gloss Black headstock
Body wood Mahogany with Flamed Maple top and White binding
Neck wood Mahogany set neck with gloss nish, Abalone dot inlay and White binding
Neck dimensions 25 1⁄2” Scale, 24 Frets, 1 11⁄16” width at nut, 12” radius
Pickups G&L AW4368 (bridge) and G&L AS4255 (neck) humbuckers
Controls 1 volume, 1 tone with push/pull coil tap
Bridge Tone Pros® locking bridge and tailpiece

Reference post in the G&L Knowledgebase Forum-> G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum:

2012-July 31, 2014 Tribute Series Standard Production Models
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=13706

Hope this helps.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:59 pm

I did. And bookmarked the three forums where the Fiorano and Ascari are mentioned. And copied the text. And took screen captures.

The overall length is there, but I was hoping for LxWxH and E->e.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Oh, and I downloaded the wiring drawing in png and pdf, and bookmarked several subforums for future reference. Believe me - I spent about five hours looking through stuff and reading every forum rule before I considered posting.