Fallout pick-ups like

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:30 pm

Hello people !
I'm planning to modify my Yamaha Pacifica 112v into a Fallout like.
Problem... Thé official supplier of G&L in France don't want to sell the parts (pick-ups).
So, does someony have a solution ?
Can i find pick-ups like in another brand ?
Thanks you for tour help !

Re: Fallout pick-ups like

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:50 pm

akai_fr wrote:Hello people !
I'm planning to modify my Yamaha Pacifica 112v into a Fallout like.
Problem... Thé official supplier of G&L in France don't want to sell the parts (pick-ups).
So, does someony have a solution ?
Can i find pick-ups like in another brand ?
Thanks you for tour help !

G&L does not offer their G&L P90 and G&L Alnico Humbucker pickups for sale.
One solution is to have a pickup supplier custom wind both pickups like G&L does in house at their factory.
The Fallout neck pickup is the G&L AP4285B and the bridge pickup is the G&L AW4470B.
See this post for the specs: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Another solution is to check eBay for G&L Tribute Series Fallout pickups.
There is atleast one seller who sells parts from psrted out G&L Tribute Series instruments.

Hope this helps.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:53 am

Thank you for your advices !

Sorry i'm a newbie... But you say that if i find a pick-up maker, he will be able to make me the exact same pick-up just with the gauge and turns informations ?

I have just order a 2nd hand G&L AW4470B on ebay.... it was the last.... but no G&L AP4285B-P90 nowhere...

Thank you very much !!!

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:48 pm

Hello !
Sad news... i have just recevied my 2nd hand G&L AW4470B pick-up... but not G&L Branded...
Is it possible please ?
I can only see R engraved in the metal and black printed 070809, but no sticker et no G&L logo engraved in the metal.
Can somebody have more informations please ?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:19 pm

akai_fr wrote:Hello !
Sad news... i have just recevied my 2nd hand G&L AW4470B pick-up... but not G&L Branded...
Is it possible please ?
I can only see R engraved in the metal and black printed 070809, but no sticker et no G&L logo engraved in the metal.

The Tribute Series Alnico humbucker pickups are built to G&L's specification at the Cort factory in Indonesia. See this reference post:
List of pickups used in G&L guitars

Author: Craig [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am ]
Post subject: Note About G&L Tribute Series Guitar Pickups
-The Tribute Series instruments (including Limited Editions/Exclusive Models) that use MFD pickups are the same USA pickups made in Fullerton, CA.
-The single coil Alnico pickups (CLF-100) used in the Tribute Series Legacy are also the same pickups used in the USA Legacy and are made at the Fullerton factory.
-Other single coil Alnico pickups, humbuckers and P-90's used in the Tribute Series instruments are made to G&L's specifications at the Cort facility in Indonesia.

Note: Most of the Tribute Series MF/GC Exclusive Models have pickups which are made to G&L specifications at the Cort facility in Indonesia, see: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models.

Check the DC-R spec of the pickup with the G&L AW4470B in the reference post to see if it is approxmately the same as the one in the chart.

Hope this helps.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:48 pm

akai_fr wrote:Hello !
Is it possible please ?

Hi akai,

Here is a web page with a write-up on a large variety of G&L Alnico humbuckers with pictures of their front and back. Many have the G&L logo stamped on the back plate. But about as many do not, and that even includes one recently hand-wound by the G&L Custom Shop! So the absence of the G&L logo is not necessarily indicative of it not being a genuine G&L pickup. However, the AW4470B seen among the pictures does have the logo.

You should certainly follow Craig's suggestion to measure the DC-R value of your pickups. All you know is that by virtue of the 'R' on the back plate, it is intended to be a bridge pickup.

- Jos

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:58 am

@Craig, thank you, with this pick-up i find stable 15,13k 15,14k
So good health ^^ ? but no details about the ohms in the links.

@Yowhatsshakin, thank you; the links with pictures let me thinking that the pick-up is finally a AW4370C...

i will do picture. The seller answer me that it's a Genuine G&L.

EDIT :

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 pm

And finally finally.... no need to search more....

the plastic pack of the seller :

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Why i didn't checked this first !!??