Saddle lock bridge on a tribute Doheny

Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:34 am

Does anyone know if this a direct drop in switch or would it be alot of work to switch out the dual fulcrum for a saddle lock?

A USA made isn't in my budget and they don't offer the tribute with a saddle lock.

Deciding between a Doheny and asat special and just wondering if any one had made this switch

Thanks for any help

Re: Saddle lock bridge on a tribute Doheny

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:21 am

Vandeetz wrote:Does anyone know if this a direct drop in switch or would it be alot of work to switch out the dual fulcrum for a saddle lock?

A USA made isn't in my budget and they don't offer the tribute with a saddle lock.

Deciding between a Doheny and asat special and just wondering if any one had made this switch

Thanks for any help

Hi there,

That would involve quite some of work. After taking off all hardware, first you would need to put plugs in the body to fill the recesses made to fit the DFV. Then you can rout the recess for the foot of the Saddle-Lock, redrill the channel for the wire to ground the bridge, refinish the body, and put all the hardware on again. If you can do all of that yourself and that is your thing, go for it.

Good luck.

- Jos

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:32 am

I figured it was going to be more work than I'd be able to do. Guess if I went with the Doheny I'd just have to look into blocking the bridge.

Thanks for the great info!

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:25 pm

Vandeetz wrote:I figured it was going to be more work than I'd be able to do. Guess if I went with the Doheny I'd just have to look into blocking the bridge.

Thanks for the great info!

This was what I was going to suggest, see: How do I block the tremelo on my guitar?.

Hope this helps.