Installing a PTB system in a Fullerton ASAT Special

Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Has anyone ever installed a PTB system (of their own making or one poached from another G&L) into an ASAT? Thinking of doing this, but with one of those Tele control plates with three holes for pots (since I think stock Fender Tele plates match the dimensions of the ASAT's plate.) Been looking at wiring diagrams, but if anyone has a really good one with cap & pot values, I'd appreciate seeing those.

Thanks!

Re: Installing a PTB system in a Fullerton ASAT Special

Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 am

revlimiterbounce wrote:Has anyone ever installed a PTB system (of their own making or one poached from another G&L) into an ASAT? Thinking of doing this, but with one of those Tele control plates with three holes for pots (since I think stock Fender Tele plates match the dimensions of the ASAT's plate.) Been looking at wiring diagrams, but if anyone has a really good one with cap & pot values, I'd appreciate seeing those.

Thanks!

See this in our Gallery->Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics->S-500 Diagrams->
S-500 Block Diagram.
This shows the PTB system, and might be a good starting point.

Hope this helps.

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 pm

revlimiterbounce wrote:Has anyone ever installed a PTB system (of their own making or one poached from another G&L) into an ASAT? Thinking of doing this, but with one of those Tele control plates with three holes for pots (since I think stock Fender Tele plates match the dimensions of the ASAT's plate.) Been looking at wiring diagrams, but if anyone has a really good one with cap & pot values, I'd appreciate seeing those.

Thanks!

Hi,
I was thinking about doing this as well. Havre you tried it?

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Bumping this to see if anyone has done this.

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:24 pm

Joelorigo wrote:Bumping this to see if anyone has done this.

You might want to follow this facebook post on CLF Research's page:

CLF Research
Monday January 4 at 2:32PM
I’m about to plug in Doug’s partscaster. He put ASAT Special pickups under some blank jazzer covers he drilled out.
This is functionally an ASAT Special with PTB controls and Dual Fulcrum vibrato.

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:43 pm

Thank you

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:52 pm

Joelorigo wrote:Thank you

I found a post you might be interested in, see: Designing a LegASAT.

Hope this helps.