Need correct size DFV bridge bushings/inserts

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:19 pm

I have a Tribute body (the solid cream body in the photo), which I bought from the G&L webstore's clearance section. I need the brass bushings/inserts for the bridge posts, but there are none on the webstore nor anywhere else on the Web that I can find at this time.

I do have bushings in my spare USA body (transparent blond body in the photo), but they are too small for the Tribute. The holes in the USA body measure about 12.5 mm vs. 14.5 mm in the Tribute body.

So how do I obtain a pair of the correct size inserts? I can't move forward with my project until I have these.

Re: Need correct size DFV bridge bushings/inserts

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Jason66 wrote:I have a Tribute body (the solid cream body in the photo), which I bought from the G&L webstore's clearance section. I need the brass bushings/inserts for the bridge posts, but there are none on the webstore nor anywhere else on the Web that I can find at this time.

I do have bushings in my spare USA body (transparent blond body in the photo), but they are too small for the Tribute. The holes in the USA body measure about 12.5 mm vs. 14.5 mm in the Tribute body.

So how do I obtain a pair of the correct size inserts? I can't move forward with my project until I have these.

See the G&L On-Line Store: Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
Dual Fulcrum vibrato kit comes complete with chrome plated brass saddles, chrome plated brass block, vibrato arm, springs, spring claw and all mounting hardware. Available in Right and Left hand versions. Original equipment on USA models and will also fit Tribute instruments.

Note: Early G&L USA guitars with Dual Fulcrum have different thread pitch for the bridge posts. This kit comes with an extra pair of bridge posts with the early style thread pitch.

Hope this helps.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am

Thanks, Craig.

I failed to mention that I already have a spare DFV bridge and posts, which were originally on my Tribute Legacy, which now has the bridge from the USA body pictured above. So I'm short a pair of bushings that will fit this other Tribute body. I can't justify spending 100 bucks on another bridge just to get the correct bushings.

Any way I can obtain the bushings only?

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:28 am

Jason66 wrote:Thanks, Craig.

I failed to mention that I already have a spare DFV bridge and posts, which were originally on my Tribute Legacy, which now has the bridge from the USA body pictured above. So I'm short a pair of bushings that will fit this other Tribute body. I can't justify spending 100 bucks on another bridge just to get the correct bushings.

Any way I can obtain the bushings only?

From the Support page on the G&L website:

Please email the Online Store manager. The repairs manager does not have access to Online Store transactions or inventories. The Online Store manager can only respond to questions about transactions and parts availability.

The email address is webstore@bbesound.com.

If you have a local G&L dealer, you might ask them if they can get them.